Times Are Tough. Gotta Hustle.

Posted by Brandon Lagao | Posted in | Posted on 2/02/2010 10:53:00 PM

As many of you may have seen on my facebook status earlier, while I was at the gym there was some lady who was slangin' girl scout cookies. Seriously? I looked around the room to see if anyone else was as perplexed by this situation as I was. And I was amazed to see that nobody else was...is this normal? So I just chuckled quietly to myself as I walked by the small crowd of girls buying the cookies, and thought how just a few of those Samoas would counterbalance all the calories burned during that Turbo Kick Boxing class(or whatever it was)the girls just came from. I feel like the stunt this lady pulled is a close equivalent to buying a shot for an alcoholic. But hey, times are tough and you gotta do what you gotta do!

This did actually remind me of a story from when I was in the Philippines though. I was with my family out there and we were at one of the Supermalls of course(that's where everyone goes when its hot and they're looking for something to do). We all split up at one point and my Grandpa and I went off together. I had to go to the bathroom so gramps was waiting for me outside. I'm just going to put this out there: I had to go #2. Hey, everyone does it...well, everyone except for pretty girls. But that's a whole other story. Anyways, so my family fed me very well when I was visiting and it was that time...so I was in the bathroom, looking for a stall. There were probably 10 stalls or so and I went into just about every one. No toilet paper! So, naturally I went to grab some paper towels. Only hand dryers! This was messed up. Then I noticed something on the wall at the entrance. I walk over and to my disbelief I see a dispenser full of little bags of tissue paper...THAT YOU HAD TO PAY FOR! I've never experienced this in life, not even in some of the less developed areas of the Philippines...not even in Mexico. So I finally gave in and bought my last resort. I guess everyone is on their grind these days, gettin' their hustle on.

The part that brings joy to my heart even now, was when I walked out and gramps says in his thick filipino accent, "What happened to you? Did you fall in? AH HA HA HA!" Ahh, miss that guy.

Comments (0)