6 Months And Not Once Have I Snapped Into A Slim Jim!

Posted by Brandon Lagao | Posted in | Posted on 3/29/2010 04:23:00 PM

I've officially been a vegetarian for 6 months today. Crazy to think I only planned on trying it out for 6 days...! For the most part it's been a simple transition...I can only think of one major temptation i've had to eat meat over these past 6 months and here's my story:

First off let me just say, if you are not a vegetarian and you are not eating a California Burrito on a regular basis, you either don't live in SoCal or you are really blowing it at life. To clear up any previous claims, Lolita's Taco Shop makes thee best Cali's. They consist of: carne asada, cheese, sour cream, and fries, all wrapped into a massive flour tortilla...delicious! So anyways, a couple of months ago I had a long day and all I wanted to do was eat dinner and go to bed. My normal schedule is something like wake up at 6:30am, work until 5:15pm, gym until 7:30pm, and home around 8:30pm...it was a typical day, but I was abnormally hungry. I stopped at Lolita's on my way home for a potato taco and bean burrito. Once I got home, I sat down to eat and pulled out my burrito to see that it was an all too familiar, abnormally big burrito. Something was suspect, so I carefully bit into it only to taste a fry. Immediately I was like, NOOOOO! They gave me a cali instead! How dare they tempt me with one of my favorite meals ever! So I looked at it, thought about just quitting this vegetarian thing all together, and then eventually put it in the fridge to give to my brother the next day. It was a pretty tough experience I must say.
But anyways, so yeah, 6 months. I've learned a lot and I finally feel that I have at least a little reasoning behind why I am doing it. I still don't think it will last forever, but I know some of this lifestyle has been permanently ingrained in me.

Comments (1)

Oh no!!! How dare they!! I'm glad you turned the other cheek.