"You Need A Man Around Here"

Posted by Brandon Lagao | Posted in | Posted on 10/05/2009 01:18:00 PM

The first and only time i've ever gone to a country concert was during a past relationship. To be honest, she was the only reason I went. Before then, I was never really into country. In fact I was one of those people who would say, "I love all different types of music...except country." But I had a great time at that show, loved the music, and ever since i've dedicated one of my car radio's presets to country.



This weekend I had a chance to go to another country concert. Only difference was that this time I was single and it is an entirely different experience. Two buddies of mine talked me into heading up to Orange County for Go Fest 2009 where Brad Paisley and Dierks Bentley were headlining. The festival was great and I had a blast listening to good music and hanging out with my friends. One thing that I want to point out, is that the girl to guy ratio at this place felt like it was 10:1. The only guys there were either 909'ers or with their gf's....goldmine. And let's be honest, who can resist a handsome half-filipino in flannel. Although this ratio wasn't my intention for going, it definitely was a pleasant surprise. I guess I didn't realize this phenomenon at my first country concert because I was there with a girlfriend and obviously I was too faithful to even notice :) You'll know where to find me at the next big concert.

Comments (0)