Old Testament Bonding Rituals

Posted by Brandon Lagao | Posted in , | Posted on 11/07/2009 04:51:00 PM

The following is a snippet of a Chat I had with one of my best friends the other day, who happens to be a youth pastor as well. I think its hilarious how our conversations go from one extreme to the other. This is true friendship to me. enjoy:


Jay: Hey I texted you. i am going to be in sd from the 19th to the 29th. so me + you = party!

Brandon: oh yeah i got that. i was driving or sleeping, i forget. definitely, hang out time

Jay: yeah. lets get naked and play twister or something

Brandon: whoa.

Brandon: i'm down.

Jay: sweet. i am serious. I have been studying the old testament bonding rituals between friends and thats the closest thing to how they did it back then

Brandon: i trust you

Jay: hahahah


Jay: i miss you. i am really pumped to hang when i am down there

Brandon: same here man

hey pray for me
#1- that i do well on an interview coming up
#2- patience
#3- that i can handle losing better
thanks brotha



Jay: yeah no prob.
#1 just be you
#2 patience is tough. i find i am less patient when i am not content
#3 what did you lose?

Brandon: hold on a sec...on the phone

Brandon: hey, you there?

Jay: yeah

Brandon:
#1- will do
#2- i agree. ********Censored********. i guess i just need to be content with what i have.


Jay: no be content with who you are

Brandon: what does it mean to be content with who you are?

Jay: uhh, i think it means being content in your identity as God's son. not looking for something outside of that to make you happy. Relationships are good and you are going to have a great wife. But sometimes relationships are attempts to fill some voids in our life that can and should be filled by God.

Jay: I think when we focus on being content regardless of external circumstance, we are better suited for when those circumstances change.

Jay: its hard.

Brandon: That makes sense to me. I see that.

Comments (0)