TMI?

Posted by Brandon Lagao | | Posted on 11/13/2008 10:44:00 AM

My co-worker and I were just talking about a very pressing issue. Something everyone knows about, but never speaks about it aloud. Here was the question as posed:



"Hey, why the heck does coffee always make me have to poop?!"



There was no disagreement here. In fact, he started talking about how "it starts to direct traffic"...i had no idea what he was talking about, so i cut him off and said, "Nevermind, I'll just Google it." So I did. In the searchbox, "Why does coffee make me have to poop?". The results were overwhelming, but I still did not find any concrete facts. Here is what the rest of the world is saying:


  • Probably because all of the mouse turds in the coffee grounds. (i'm not sure how drinking turds makes you turd)

  • Its not just the coffee, its the warmth of it. (i'm going to test this theory with an iced coffee this afternoon)

  • Its a natural laxative

  • One answer was simply: Gastrocolic Reflex (umm...)

  • Caffeine is a diuretic.

This topic is up for discussion. I look forward to any comments.

Comments (2)

I don't know man...I think its all a question of balance...too much coffee clogs things up...you know...?

Coffee must be my Ying, but your Yang.