Juice Day 1: 9/16/12

Posted by Brandon Lagao | Posted in | Posted on 9/19/2012 02:25:00 PM

Today was pretty easy actually.  I wasn't really that hungry all day and when I was it was manageable.  I originally planned to start on Monday, but I figured why not just do it now.  I didn't need an extra day to "splurge" before I started my fast.  So many people say, "oh yeah, i'm starting next week" and then they never do it or they struggle even more because of eating so unhealthily the day before.  I figure if i'm gonna make a life change, I might as well start today.  I know it was a good decision, but I don't think I could've picked a worse day to start.

Sunday = football, beer, and bad food.  I started craving all those things, simply because I couldn't have it.  You know the saying, "you always want what you can't have".  Well, I must be the perfect example of someone like that.  I got two last minute tickets to the Chargers/Titans game but ultimately decided not to go because I guarantee that I would have started my fast over tomorrow.  The social aspect of this whole thing is going to be difficult.  One thing I didn't realize is how much commercials and TV shows advertise or revolve around food!  It's RIDICULOUS.  I had to walk away from watching football multiple times.  Oh and another thing I didn't really take notice to before, but EVERYONE posts pics of their delicious looking food on Instagram.  I seriously have to monitor my use of IG big time.

During halftime I stopped watching the Raiders/Dolphins game and went to my room to lay down.  I started flipping through the channels and when I got to KPBS, I noticed a familiar person doing some sort of educational programming.  It was Dr. Joel Fuhrman who I recognized from the documentary Fat, Sick, & Nearly Dead talking about nutrition, health, and pretty much exactly what I was trying to accomplish.  This was perfect for me because I learned about what my body will be going through during these next 40 days and it encouraged me, as well as gave me a heads up for the obstacles that will soon come.

Lastly, I went to church which was good because it got my mind off of myself and more on God.  I was pretty out of it though.  Everything seemed fuzzy and slower, but my sense of hearing felt enhanced for some reason.  I could've also been the Norco I had to take for my elbow and knees on an "empty" stomach.  Either way, I made it home safe :)

Juice Recipe of the Day: "ABC's"

  • 1 Apple
  • 2 Beets (trimmed)
  • 3 Carrots

Comments (0)