Juice Day 2: 9/17

Posted by Brandon Lagao | Posted in | Posted on 9/19/2012 02:44:00 PM

Today was a lot tougher then yesterday, but still manageable.  My stomach grumbled a little, but I kept telling myself this will pass and it will get easier.  My energy tank feels like its on empty and I felt lazy all day and didn't really want to do much.  I got my haircut today and told my stylist what I was doing and she thought I was crazy.  She shaved a Breville Juicer into the back of my head to give me inspiration.  I didn't even ask her to do that, what a jerk!  Juuuust kidding, but she did think it sounded crazy.  Her daughter eats gum that she finds from under tables though, so don't hate.

One lesson I learned today is that I need to stay prepared.  I need to keep my fridge stocked with fruits and vegetables, or else i'm going to starve.  I went on a hike with a friend at Mission Trails in the late afternoon.  In the back of my mind, I hoped I wouldn't pass out because of my lack of food... that would've been pretty embarrassing.  But it was easy, I had all the energy I needed and then some.  The last time I tried a week-long juice fast, I tried to do a couple crossfit workouts as well...BAD IDEA.

Juice Recipe of the Day: "Mean Green"

  • 1 bunch of Kale
  • 4 stalks of celery
  • 1 cucumber
  • 2 granny smith apples
  • 1/2 lemon (i used a whole)
  • Ginger root (thumb size)


Comments (0)