Juice Day 4: 9/19

Posted by Brandon Lagao | Posted in | Posted on 9/19/2012 10:55:00 PM

From what I learned about this process, I went into today knowing that it was either going to be the most difficult day of this whole adventure or much better than yesterday.  I'm pleased to announce that it was MUCH better than yesterday.  Unlike the past 2 days, I woke up with energy and a will to get stuff done.  If it keeps getting better from here on out then i don't see this being a huge struggle for me at all.  I even got in a little core workout.  I still had some hunger grumbles throughout the day, but that's my own fault.  I wanted to finish whatever it was that I was doing before making a fresh batch of juice.  I think if I drink more water than that will keep me satisfied longer too.

My only obstacle I had to overcome was at bible study tonight.  Someone brought some secret recipe, homemade mac-n-chesse and I wanted to get down.  But instead I kept my head down and walked right past the food table.  I couldn't escape the smell though, haha!  I told most of the people there what I was doing it and I got some familiar negative reactions, but this one girl was really positive about it.  She just let me know that if I allow it, this experience is going to bring me so close to God.  I hope so.  i think that would be pretty rad.  Also, I realized my default answer to people when they ask me why i'm doing it is, "I don't know".  The problem is that I do know.  But maybe I'm afraid of being told those are dumb reasons, i don't know.  Either way, today was a good day and i'm looking forward to trying new recipes tomorrow!

Juice Recipe of the Day: "What Was Left In The Fridge"
So I wanted to make another batch of ABC, but I ran out of apples.  So instead I mixed a bunch of veggies that I had left over and came up with a pretty tasty juice.

  • 2 beets
  • small bag of carrots
  • 1 granny smith apple
  • 4 celery stalks
  • 1 cucumber
  • 1 lemon w/ half of the rind left on

Comments (0)