Juice Day 3: 9/18

Posted by Brandon Lagao | Posted in | Posted on 9/19/2012 03:04:00 PM

HARDEST DAY SO FAR...BY FAR.

I've been hungry all day and had cravings for food I don't really ever eat.  I fatigued, have a headache, and disheartened.  37 more days of this?!  I started to doubt that I could do it.  After praying and spending some time in the word, I felt better, but it was still hard.  Luckily I saw that Dr. Joel Fuhrman program the other day because I learned that I'm going through the process called "Toxic Hunger" (if you're interested read this article I found: http://toyourhealthnutrition.blogspot.com/2010/02/toxic-hunger-main-cause-of-obesity-by.html)

Basically, what i'm having is toxic food withdrawals.  It's not that i'm really experiencing true hunger, it's just that I am having withdrawals from going cold turkey on the foods that I used to eat.  Mmmm Turkey, haha jk!  Think of it this way, if a heroin addict stops doing heroin just out of the blue, they are going to have withdrawals that are going to suck.  Same thing happens when you stop your addiction to food.  Actually knowing this helps, but today still sucked.  I just laid in bed all day and watched movies because TV has way too many food commercials.

Here's some texts I sent to my friend tonight:

  • Text #1 @ 5:32 pm: "My first meal will be, but not limited to: rolled tacos, chicken enchiladas, pizza, in-n-out, onion rings, nachos, rice, and hot wings.  Can you plan this feast please?
  • Text #2 @ 5:45ish pm: "and cupcakes and ice cream."
  • Text #3 @ 7:05 pm: "and a tostada"
Haha, pretty ridiculous I know...but I think I was going crazy.

Juice Recipe of the Day: "ABC w lemon":
  • 1 lemon (peeled)
  • 1 apple
  • 2 beets
  • 3 carrots

Comments (0)