Day 11: Like Aquaman, I Too Can Breathe Underwater.

Posted by Brandon Lagao | Posted in | Posted on 5/13/2009 11:34:00 PM

I was able to breathe under water for the first time ever today. No, i'm not a superhero or anything, well at least not that I know of, today was just my first day of my Open Water Diving Course. I woke up this morning after my worse night of sleep yet. I really dislike my new hotel. My room just feels dirty and last night I got attacked by mosquitoes. I also saw a mini tarantula running around the lobby, so naturally that was all I could think of last night.

Today for class we got all the paperwork out of the way and watched a couple of dvd's on the basics. We also had a little training in the pool and then in the afternoon we went out on our first beach dive! My instructor is this English dude named Phil with an Australian accent and there is one other student named Simon, who is from Switzerland. On our dive we went as deep as 6 meters, which is about 20 ft. It was pretty crazy, I saw a lion fish, eel, different kinds of sea urchin...and I found Nemo! It was crazy to think that all in one day I swam deeper than I ever had before, breathed under water for the first time, and saw hundreds of different species i've never even seen before. I'd say it was a good day.

Comments (0)