Day 25: New Family in Pasig

Posted by Brandon Lagao | Posted in | Posted on 5/28/2009 10:50:00 PM

I flew into Manila from Puerto today and took a taxi to Pasig. On the plane over here, I met a couple who basically pimped their daughter out to me. They were extremely nice, wealthy looking people who were on vacation as well. During our conversation, once they found out I was single, they busted out the camera and started showing me pictures of their daughters, haha! So funny!

So once in Pasig, I waited at a Jolibee close to where the house I was visiting was, for Chris and Alex to pick me up. Even though I was expecting them, I was still kind of shocked when they showed up. It's just so crazy that we're here on another continent, 7,000 miles away from home, just hanging out. I haven't seen a familiar face in a month, which is probably the longest ever for me, and it just felt good. I'm really glad I came here to finish off my trip.

As soon as I walked into the house, I got back the feeling that I left behind when I left my grandparent's house. Once again it was a big house, full of a lot of family members. I've really gained an appreciation and love for family since being here in the PI. Even though nothing exciting was going on around me, I just loved every second of it.

Tonight we went out to some club called Manor. The music was good and current and it was fun having some friends with me. I haven't really got to enjoy "going out" as much because I've been by myself. But being with friends takes away that added pressure of meeting random people. I'm glad I got to see this side of the Philippines.

Comments (0)