Day 5: The Most Foreign, Foreigner

Posted by Brandon Lagao | Posted in | Posted on 5/07/2009 09:14:00 PM

I definitely feel like a foreigner here. But its much different. It's not like being an American on vacation in Mexico. Its like I feel foreign from everyone...even the other people on vacation. I haven't met anyone from the states and all the others here are Euro or Korean or Japanese.  Its just crazy that its easier to communicate with the locals! I'm hoping I meet someone similar to me soon. Today was the first day I actually felt lonely and missed home. I'm so used to being surrounded by friends and this is a bit of a difficult experience for me.

But on the other hand, that is why I am here: to step out of my comfort zone and grow. And of course i'm not complaining , this place is gorgeous. It would just be nice to share it with someone else.

I've killed a good amount of mosquitoes in Boracay. And the power has gone out a few times due to the story weather. I pictured it to be super sunny and hot, my whole time here, but instead its wet, humid, and bearably warm. The power just went out again, haha! I am writing this entry from the light from my porch. I did see on the news that there was a level 1 typhoon watch. That was kind of my only fear and its looking to have come true. If that's the case I am glad I believe in Jesus :) Ok, i'm going to go venture into the storm now.

Comments (0)