Day 26 & Day 27: Final Days in the Homeland

Posted by Brandon Lagao | Posted in | Posted on 5/30/2009 12:40:00 PM

We pretty much slept in for most of the day, only getting up to eat. The plan was to play some basketball with the locals but it started to really pour around the time we were going to. At night we had a hardcore karaoke session until around midnight. At the end of the song it would judge your performance and give you a score...apparently I lost all of my singing talent once I hit puberty. We got to spend time with Alex's cousins and the rest of the family. One of the cousins is this little 10 year old girl named KC. If I were ever to have a younger sister or daughter, I would want her to be just like KC. She reminded me a lot of my cousins back home, Hannah and Rylee. She has cracked me up quite a few times since I've been here. And I nicknamed her "Tarsier", which is the smallest monkeys in the world and live only here in the PI.

After karaoke we went out to Makati around midnight. I was really surprised we were even going out because of how late it was, but it was totally worth it. All I can really say is that it was one of those, "What happens here stays here" nights. We started off at the Hard Rock, had some drinks, and watched a cover band do American Pop songs. Then we made our way to this bar called "Absinthe" and danced around there for a little. Apparently the manager or bartender thought we were cool so they started pouring us shots. It was my first time having Absinthe, but I didn't see any green fairies like the story goes. We did some more partying after that, got split up for a couple of hours, and then ended up getting home around 7am this morning. After we met back up, all I know was that we were somewhere in Manila, it was raining super hard, and we spent about an hour trying to get a taxi. Most of the taxis were already occupied due to the fact that it was already morning and people were going to work!

Once we got back to Alex's house, everyone was already up having breakfast so we sat down and ate. An our or so later I was already back in a cab and off to the airport. No aircon and I went to the wrong terminal, once again! Sounds about right...

What a fun night to end my trip here in the homeland.

Comments (0)