Travel Blog: Day 1 (so far)

Posted by Brandon Lagao | Posted in | Posted on 5/02/2009 04:32:00 PM

Hello! So, I flew out of LAX last night at 1:30 am and I just arrived at the Taiwan airport about an hour ago. My flight to Manila doesn't leave for another 3 hours so I have time to kill and luckily they have a free internet room here. Too bad my computer is all in Chinese and I can't understand any of it! It's amazing I even made it to my blog page and can type legibly.

I honestly felt like I was already out of the country when I was at the International terminal at LAX. Nobody was speaking English, there were tons of boxes being towed around like people were moving in, and it was so busy I felt like I was in downtown tokyo. The flight was sooooo long! I had a window seat next to 2 asian ladies and nobody said anything for about 12 hours. Good thing EVA Air provided somewhat new movies to watch. I saw Benjamin Button, Bedtime Stories, and fell asleep during Role Models and Transporter 3. Oh yeah, I also watched an episode of this show that used to be on called Phenomenon...and I can confirm that Criss Angel is a major tool.

Once I stepped off the plane here in Taiwan I was immediately given a Swine Flu FAQ sheet! And then I walked down the terminal and every worker was wearing a mask. I literally chuckled out loud and said, "oh eff." I think i'll be fine though cause my fever is coming down, my headache is mild, and my breathing is now just down to a slight wheeze. Mom, if you're reading this, i'm just kidding.

(excerpt from Swine Flu FAQ)
Q: Is there a human vaccine to protect from swine influenza?
A: There are no vaccines for human at present.
Thanks for the info Taiwan!

Some other notable things from the Taiwan:
1. There are Prayer Rooms set up here. One for Buddhists, one for Christians, and one for whatever religion's symbol is the Swastika. I think its Taoism maybe.(pictures to come) It was cool to be able go in the Christian Prayer Room and gets some alone time with God before this major event in my life.



2. My Gate # is C3. I walked up and down the terminal trying to find it and finally I realized that my Gate is Hello Kitty themed! Like its literally a little Hello Kitty amusement park. What the heck. I hope the plane is normal...


Well, anyways I should go explore some more but just wanted to let everyone know I am in Asia safely and almost at my final destination. I really hope I make it in time to find some place to watch the Pacquiao/Hatton fight! I can't wait for how nuts its going to be in Manila when Pacman wins!

Comments (3)

Keep up the blogs B-money :) I always love to hear about people's travel adventures!!!!

Thanks V-Money! I'll do my best. I'm writing it all down in my travel journal as the day goes on and entering it on my blog whenever i get a chance.

brandon I am reading every post. I love you and I miss you. I wish I was with you having such an awesome adventure. you will come with me when we visit my people in ireland. Love you brohter